Have our students work together in an open, collaborative environment where they feel encouraged to take risks and complete original projects with the goal of preparing them for success in their future.
We strive to expose our students to STEAM education in order to help them discover new interests, talents and possible career paths.
Our Core Values
- Small groups
- Hands-on projects
- Bully-free environment
- Open, collaborative teaching approach
- Individuality is celebrated
A Brief History
- The Digital Arts Experience (The DAE) was founded in 2012 when Founder and President Rob Kissner thought about how to offer youth a collaborative, creative community in which they could learn, explore, and share new ideas using cutting edge technology. Rob turned this dream into a reality by bringing together an outstanding group of instructors — combining their expertise and passion for learning with The DAE’s unique project-focused teaching methodology.
- The Digital Arts Experience offers students fully equipped learning space the latest creative software, a makerspace with 3D printers and scanners, a photo and video studio, a recording studio and more.
- In 2014, DAE launched a new mobile tech lab, The Digital Arts Express (The DAExpress), to meet the demand for after-school programs on-location in Westchester and Fairfield Counties. The DAExpress is focused on making The DAE’s cutting edge technology and curriculum accessible to all youth in Westchester & Connecticut.
- The DAE’s instructors are experienced and passionate about teaching digital arts to kids ages 6 and up, and they are continuously involved with expanding the DAE course catalog with leading edge technologies and teaching techniques. DAE culture promotes innovation and engagement, ensuring each student is able to access what they need to help explore their creative passions.
About the Team
President & CEO
Rob has been involved in digital media arts for 15 years. Graduating from Emerson College in Media Production, Rob managed a historic recording studio and worked with artists like Katt Williams, The Jonas Brothers, and Duran Duran. Previously working for Apple, Rob has experience teaching everything from Mac basics to professional software.
Director of Marketing & Co-Founder
Cristina always had a passion to learn everything she could about computers. While working at Apple for 3 years she met Rob and decided that she wanted to be a part of The DAE. Now she makes sure The DAE is functioning as a well-oiled unit. She enjoys playing bass guitar, video games, making YouTube videos and staying active.
Nicholas Sceusa Jr.
Director of Operations
Nick studied Computer Graphics Technology at Purdue University and graduated with his Bachelors in 2011. Aside from being an Animation and VFX enthusiast, he makes sure classes and events at The DAE run smoothly. He’s always willing to discuss movies, online shorts, video games, and other nerdy topics.
Director of Adult Education | Programming & Audio Instructor
Emily is an instructor by day and a singer/songwriter by night. Emily graduated from City College of New York with a BFA in Music & Audio Production. Her love of music drives her in all forms of creativity, and she hopes to inspire that in her students. Emily has been with The DAE since 2012.
Admin Assistant & Graphic Designer
Lory graduated from SUNY Purchase with a BA in New Media. In 2014 she interned at The DAE, helping in the 3D Printing classes. While always having an interest in art & tech of all forms, she wished there were more opportunities as a kid to explore technology. Now she helps out with the daily operations and creates graphics, posters and more.
3D Printing & Graphic Arts Instructor
Brianne studied Graphic Design at SUNY Purchase. She works with various 3D modeling software and fabrication machines like MakerBots and CNC routers. She also utilizes Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects. Brianne travels to a different place in the world once a year and enjoys trying new foods.
Celina has been a part of The DAE since 2014. Studying Film & TV Production at BU, Celina brings a broad skill set to her classes. She teaches Graphic Design, Scratch, 3D Animation, 3D Printing and more. Celina’s super positive attitude and passion for learning makes her an asset to the team.
Scratch Coding Instructor
Evan is a college student who loves to teach. He currently attends Westchester Community College with a major in Visual Arts. He has a lot of fun teaching Scratch and Lego StopMotion. In his spare time he loves to play video games, make music in Logic Pro X, and design album covers in Photoshop.
Programming & Web Development Instructor
Jeff is a self-taught software engineer with a passion for programming. He has worked in many aspects of programming, including Front-End Web Development, Data Analysis, Mobile and Web Applications, and Database Management. He feels it is very important that we educate our youth in Computer Science.
Patrick studied film and animation at LIU Post, FIT, and SUNY Purchase, graduating in May 2016 with a degree in Art. Patrick’s focus is on character modeling and rigging in 3D animation as well as traditional animation, but he also has an unquenchable desire to learn new creative programs. He teaches animation, programing, editing, and 3D printing at the DAE. In his spare time he is a tabletop game enthusiast and part-time Star Wars expert.
Will began coding in High School and wishes that he had the opportunity to start earlier in life. This is the advantage that he hopes to provide to young coders at The DAE. He is soon graduating from SUNY Purchase with a degree in Mathematics and Computer Science. He enjoys cult-classic films and video games.
Schools and organizations we work with
Location & Hours
The Digital Arts Experience
303 Central Park Avenue
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Monday to Friday
12pm - 6pm
10am - 5pm