The first day of STEAM Summer Camp at The Digital Arts Experience is right around the corner (Session 1 starts July 5th)! Here is everything you need to know for the first day of class, and how we make sure every day going forward offers a rewarding learning experience for your son or daughter.
On The First Day:
- Check in at the front desk – We will verify your child’s registration via student name and make sure they are registered for the right class.
– Every student will receive a personalized ID badge used for checking in and out at the front desk every day of class.
- DAE Welcome Bag – Students will be given an exclusive Digital Arts Experience drawstring backpack with a DAE summer t-shirt, sticker and more!
- Orientation & Rules – A brief orientation will be held in the Great Room by our President & CEO, Rob Kissner. Parents are welcome!
- Classroom Assignments – Classes will be announced by name, instructors will greet their students and then show them to their classroom.
Additional Things to Know:
- Class Break Time – A 15 – 20 minute break is given in the middle of class. This is the only time during any class that Minecraft, phones or the internet are allowed to be accessed. Snacks and drinks are allowed to be consumed, but only outside of the classrooms.
- Lunch Hour – Full-day students can bring a packed lunch (nut free) and store them in our cubbies until morning class ends at 12pm. Or bring lunch money for a supervised trip to the Galleria Mall Food Court (permission slip required). The only time to eat lunch is from 12pm – 1pm.
- Student safety – Our staff is First Aid and CPR certified. We do allow students to keep any medical bags with them inside the classrooms – please be sure to inform the DAE admin team of any allergies or special needs.
- Class Dismissal – Any student under the age of 16 must remain in our facility until a parent or guardian comes in for pick up. We allow students 16 and older to leave our facility after class on their own (permission slip required).
What Should I Bring?
- Flashdrive to save your work on! Any USB flashdrive will do. We recommend 8GB of space.
If you or your child have any general questions, don’t hesitate to ask any DAE admin member at the front desk. If your child has any class related questions, please ask your instructors during class time. You can also learn more about our summer camps HERE!
The Digital Arts Experience
170 Hamilton Ave, Suite 100
White Plains, NY 10601
The Digital Arts Experience aims to provide a unique opportunity for the kids & teens of the Westchester, Rockland, and Fairfield communities to explore the world of creative technology, digital art, STEAM-related fields and more! Their programs are goal oriented and focus on hands-on learning so each and every student will complete his or her class with incredible original work that can go towards creating a portfolio. The DAE strives to expose its’ students to the digital world in order to help them discover new talents and possible career paths.