Minecraft Creative Mode is great for kids because it gives them access to unlimited resources, free-flying and destroying blocks within an instant while mining. Kids love it!
Right here in Scarsdale, New York, we are holding a Minecraft Community Design Challenge on July 30th, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. This event is for kids who live in Westchester, LOVE Minecraft, and are between the ages of 8-14. We offer pre-registration for the event, but the general admission is $25 per person. The goal for this event is to address the infrastructure in the community, but by gathering a friendly competition. Each competitor will be judged on a few things.
- How well their solution solves the problem
- Auxiliary impact their solution might have on the community
- The creativity involved in their solution and how well it is thought through
- The aesthetic of their build, as well as other factors
Rob Kissner, the DAE’s Founder and President, shared his thoughts on this upcoming event.
“Minecraft is such an amazing creative tool, it allows builders to create anything they can dream up. By applying Minecraft’s open world and limitless building potential to a real issue that we are facing in our community. It allows participants to apply their limitless creativity to solve problems while having fun with no constraints. That’s how innovative solutions come to fruition.”
There’s no friendly competition, without awards right… So here are the prizes!
- 1st place prize includes a Nintendo Switch Lite, a gift certificate toward classes/camps at The DAE plus custom 3D printed Minecraft swag
- 2nd place prize includes a gift certificate toward classes/camps at The DAE plus custom 3D printed Minecraft swag
- 3rd pace also receives a gift certificate toward classes/camps at The DAE
We look forward to seeing you next month!
Photos from previous Minecraft Tournaments held at The DAE